Know About The Numerous Benefits Of Having Concrete Driveways
When it comes to concrete driveways, the benefits far outweigh the cost of having one installed. Moreover, it can be easily installed and does not take much time to set in place, leading to a finished driveway in less than a day. But the one fact that you cannot deny is that having one installed does lend your residence sheer curb appeal, which far outweighs all the other advantages. The one neat thing about concrete driveways is that you can modify, from aggregate to trims, and get them decorated so that your driveway stands out for the right reasons.
- Durability: You can ask any of the concrete contractors in Melbourne, and you’ll find that most of them would point out the fact that concrete driveways tend to be more durable and long-lasting than asphalt. When it comes to an asphalt driveway, you’ll find that the initial cost far outweighs the expense of long-term maintenance. But with concrete driveways, you do not have to spend much on maintenance and you’ll find that they tend to be more durable and long-lasting.
- Curb Appeal: When it comes to asphalt or concrete, concrete comes out on top. That’s no surprise, given the durability factor and the curb appeal. But what makes concrete the better option is the sheer curb appeal of having the grey, concrete driveway, which can be re-fashioned with trims and even colored stones, so that the final look is all the more appealing. That’s one of the reasons that concrete aggregate driveways are quite popular amongst the general population.
- Hot Driveways: If you are still not able to make up your mind as to whether to go for concrete or asphalt, all you would have to do is to walk on these two sorts of surfaces, on a hot blazing day. You will appreciate the fact that concrete absorbs less radiation compared to other surfaces, and as a result, it tends to be cooler. And that’s why concrete driveways are just the ideal driveway to get installed, especially if you happen to reside in a hot, temperate zone.
- Load Bearing Capacity: When it comes to a tossup between the two choices, asphalt or concrete – there’s no real competition for the simple fact that a concrete driveway is steady, firm, and rigid in all weather conditions. Essentially, it means that a concrete driveway has a much higher load-bearing capacity than driveways made of asphalt. You can even park your RV and even a boat onto a concrete driveway and that should clue you in.
- Shrinkages and Cracks: Yup, concrete tends to shrink and crack, as it sets and even due to hot weather conditions. And that’s why you use contraction joints and sealers along with your concrete so that it does not crack and even if it does, it happens to be limited. And that’s why it is indeed better to get a concrete one installed, with contraction joints and sealers to handle these issues.
- Better Investment: Think of your concrete driveway as a good investment for the simple reason that most buyers prefer one to an asphalt driveway. For starters, installing an asphalt one is more time-consuming and takes up more energy. On the contrary, a concrete driveway can be easily installed, with sealers and contraction joints and the process should not consume more time. And it does not cost much either, to get it installed. Apart from this, is the fact that concrete driveways are more appealing to buyers and they come with better curb appeal. Translated that means that if you are planning to sell your home, you can quote a higher price, with a neat picture of your home, along with the concrete driveway.
These are some of the benefits of having a concrete driveway installed, at the earliest.